Another Broken Egg is Hiring Servers!
Who We Are
New to Northeast Ohio, Another Broken Egg is not your typical breakfast, brunch, lunch place. Our menu is loaded with fresh ingredients and creative recipes that span classic breakfast items, new brunch favorites, and twists on traditional lunch dishes. We operate with the purpose to Celebrate Indulgence through a commitment to creating an inspired customer service for both our guests and fellow team members.
Server Primary Job Responsibilities
- Interact with guests to ensure exemplary service in an efficient manner while dining at Another Broken Egg Café. Take orders, serve food and drinks, answer inquiries about the menu and comply with the wishes of the guest, as well as suggestively sell food and drinks. Work closely with Busser team and Host/Hostess team to ensure guests receive excellent service.
- Serve guests and create a warm and fun atmosphere for both guests and fellow employees while working to the restaurant’s sense of urgency.
- Answer any questions about food and drinks including ingredients of entrees, preparations, and accompanying items.
- Greet newly seated guests in a friendly manner within 1 minute of being seated.
- Take drink order at guest greeting, deliver beverages, and suggest up sales. Take entire order and repeat order back to guests for clarification.
- Enter order on POS computer system quickly and in proper sequence. Use appropriate abbreviations and changes to ensure clarity and clear communication to the kitchen.
- Attend to guests’ needs when delivering food and check back with guests to ensure their satisfaction.
- Maintain table appearance by pre-bussing, checking drink levels, and removing clutter throughout the guest dining experience.
- Maintain proper cash banks throughout shift and accurately complete payments for guests throughout the shift. Accept payment and provide change or credit card sign off slip to the guest promptly following payment. Follow appropriate accounting procedures for closing checks, promo items, employee discounts, and gift certificates.
- Uphold and maintain high quality customer service and hospitality at all times.
- Keep wait station clean. Set up and take down station according to opening and closing procedures. Maintain a clean, organized, and stocked work area, notifying manager of any shortages.
- Adhere to company sanitation policies and procedures at all times.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems, issues, or unusual matters of significance and take prompt corrective action.
- Complete cleaning tasks as assigned. Sweep, mop, and/or vacuum work area in the restaurant.
- Perform all position responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative working atmosphere, which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Must be dressed neatly and well-groomed in company approved uniform at all times. Maintain personal hygiene to company standards.
- Must be able to operation POS computer system, make change correctly, and make credit card transactions accurately.
- Must be able to carry trays to delivery plates, food, and drinks as well as clear tables, which may require lifting of up to 40lbs.
- Walk or stand most of 6 – 8 hour shift.
- Must be able to read menus and training materials.
- Able to reach, bend, stoop, and perform cleaning duties.
- Professional phone skills. Must be able to hear well with loud background noise in order to answer telephone and respond to guest requests.
- Must be able to calmly respond to unsatisfied guests and notify a manager immediately if the matter cannot be corrected in a timely manner.
- Able to lift and carry supplies and bus tubs of up to 50lbs up to 20 times per shift.
- Assist in restocking and detail cleaning of all aspects of the restaurant.
- Must be able to clearly communicate guests’ needs to other employees including bussers, host/hostess, and management.
- Adhere to company punctuality standards and arrive on time and ready to work for scheduled shifts.