Another Broken Egg Cafe is Hiring Prep Cooks.
Summary of Responsibilities
Assist in all kitchen operations ensuring the restaurant and company standards of quality and service are met. Assist in preparing quality products through consistent execution of all prep lists for the cooking process and according to company standards. Maintain a safe and clean kitchen area.
- Prepare all prep lists according to recipe requirements and adhere to product sensitivity.
- Ensures that all prepared food meets the standard of excellence of ABEA.
- Control & promote kitchen cleanliness by constantly “working clean”.
- Ensure a safe working environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents by maintaining an orderly work station. Notify manager promptly of any problems.
- Ensure food quality by maintaining high levels of cleanliness, organization, storage, and sanitation of food products.
- Complete assigned work for stocking and setting up work station.
- Clean and sanitize on a routine basis.
- Ensure proper rotation of all products and stock products to determined pars. Label & date all perishable items to ensure freshness standards are met.
- Keep immediate supervisor promptly and full informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance. Take prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative course of action which may be taken.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of the position.
- Keep manager & supervisors promptly and fully informed of all issues (i.e. problems, unusual matters of significance and positive events) and take prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action.
- Help create a positive working environment with positive actions. Discusses production priorities with manager and line cooks.
- Perform all position responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative working atmosphere, which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency.
- Set up station and locate necessary utensils and equipment for food preparation.
- Keep updated on recipe changes & produces assigned items exactly according to recipes.
- Prepare items with the necessary measuring devices and scales to control food costs.
- Lift and carry up to 70 lbs. Up to 20 times a shift.
- Frequent bending and stooping.
- Work frequently in a hot and damp environment.
- Use of hands required 100% of time.
- Stand, move, & walk all of 6-8 hour shift.
- Must be able to hear other personnel request in the midst of loud background noise.
- Must be able to read, organize and execute all prep lists.
- Must be able to pass any safety & sanitation validation &/or testing.
- Ability to maintain calm demeanor in a fast paced, high intensity environment.
- Wear proper dress code attire.