Another Broken Egg is Hiring Line Cooks!
Who We Are
New to Northeast Ohio, Another Broken Egg is not your typical breakfast, brunch, lunch place. Our menu is loaded with fresh ingredients and creative recipes that span classic breakfast items, new brunch favorites, and twists on traditional lunch dishes. We operate with the purpose to Celebrate Indulgence through a commitment to creating an inspired customer service for both our guests and fellow team members.
Line Cook Primary Job Responsibilities
- Prepare all menu items according to recipe requirements and adhere to product sensitivity and plate presentation guidelines.
- Ensure that all prepared food meets the standard of excellence of Another Broken Egg.
- Control and promote kitchen cleanliness and sanitation by constantly “working clean.”
- Ensure a safe working environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents by maintaining an orderly workstation.
- Notify manager promptly of any problems.
- Ensure food quality by maintaining high levels of cleanliness, organization, storage, and sanitation of food products.
- Communicate ticket times and potential problems with service staff, kitchen staff, and management. Determine quick corrections to ensure constant food flow.
- Complete assigned work for stocking and setting up work stations.
- Clean and sanitize on a routine basis.
- Assist manager in maintaining kitchen equipment by performing routine checks according to established policies and procedures.
- Ensure proper rotation of all products to determined pars. Label and date all perishable items to ensure freshness standards are met.
- Keep immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance. Take prompt corrective action where necessary or suggest alternative course of action which may be taken.
- Obtain working knowledge of all equipment in the kitchen, including pilot lighting of all gas fired equipment, filter changing of all refrigeration systems, and vent hood system operations.
- Perform all position responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative working atmosphere, which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Able to lift and carry cases, bus tubs, and trash bags of up to 70lbs throughout shift.
- Frequent bending and stooping.
- Walk or stand most of 6 – 8 hour shift.
- Able to perform cleaning duties as assigned and use designated mild cleaning solutions.
- Work frequently in a hot and damp environment.
- Use of hands required 100% of time.
- Must be able to hear other personnel requests in the midst of loud background noise.
- Must be able to read, organize, and execute all tickets received for cooking.
- Must be able to pass any safety and sanitation validation and/or testing.
- Ability to maintain calm, focused demeanor in a fast paced, high intensity environment.
- Adhere to company uniform and personal hygiene standards.
- Adhere to company punctuality standards and arrive on time and ready to work for scheduled shifts.